Frontier Gas Dryer
Frontier Gas Conveyor Dryer
The Lawson Frontier Jet Dryer is engineered for heavy-duty, constant production. Its rugged construction and advanced design make it exceptionally versatile and able to withstand the most relentless use.
The Frontier is available either as an all-electric or gas fired, high-velocity jet dryer. It will handle sheet and board stock such as vinyl, Mylar, tissue, paper, cardboard, plastic, wood, fiberboard and more. Lawson's exclusive Uni-Flo/Air-Knife jet chamber ensures efficient, rapid and thorough drying of almost any kind of ink. Lawson's Uni-Flo/Air-Knife heat chamber creates an evenly distributed, continuous air-impinged, high-velocity jet-air action. The substrate is constantly subjected to powerful jet streams that penetrate the solvent/ink barrier, drying most inks in seconds.
- Modular design
- Uni-Flo/Air Knife Jet Heat Chamber
- Removable Side Panels
- Uni-Vac vacuum hold-down
- Anti-flutter substrate design
- Adjustable Boom Control Box
- Full chamber and furnace insulation wrap
- Digital temperature controls up to 400-F (depending on model)
- Direct-drive D.C. conveyor motor
- Air Filters
- Digital Belt Speed Controller
- Interlock safety control system
- Adjustable entrance and exit panels
- Reversible belt with 4-point belt tracking
- One-year parts warranty
Standard Sizes/Common Textile Configurations: 4' In-Feed
12' Convection-Air Heat Chamber
48-inch belt width x 19'
60-inch belt width x 19'
72-inch belt width x 28' (8 + 12 + 8)
Standard Graphic Configurations:8-Foot In-Feed
12-Foot Convection-Air Heat Chamber
1' Chamber Spacer
6' Cool Chamber
48-inch belt width x 30' long
60-inch belt width x 30' long
- V-Tech U.V. Combo Unit
- High-temperature heat package
- Extra-high stock clearance
- Infra-red heat boosters
- Extra in-feed or out-feed
- Extra heat chamber modules
- Extra cool chamber modules
- Heavyweight item support
- Metal conveyor belt
- Total Chamber Access: Chamber access is fast and convenient. Simply unlatch side panels and remove for easy access to both the upper and lower chambers for fast service and easy cleaning. Never have lint problems again.
- Total Air-Flow Balance: Lawson's unique funnel vacuum recirculation system insures uniform heat and air distribution throughout the entire heat chamber. Other (flat-panel) designs choke air flow.
- Total Jet-Knife Air Blanket: Lawson's Jet-Knife Air System guarantees even air-flow across the entire width of the belt (no dead-air spots, like some of our competitors) and is combined with high velocity, scrub-air action. Ideal for multi-use curing applications.
- Adjustable Boom Control Box: Conveniently located above the heat chamber (away from heat) for easy viewing, positioning and service. Diagnostic controls are combined with easy start-up and shut-down sequencing.
- Easy Access Lint Trap: Controlled lint build-up with Lawson's convienent slide-out lint filters. These all-metal filters are easily cleaned and reusable.
The Uni-Flo jet chamber minimizes stock shrinkage and common ink rewetting, which results in better registration, fewer rejects and higher profits. The Frontier also incorporates Lawson's unique Uni-Vac system... an exclusive vacuum hold-down that prevents stock flutter and unwanted stock movement. By creating a powerful and evenly distributed vacuum draw, Lawson's Uni-Vac also assists in the efficient elimination of unwanted solvent-laden air. It also allows for adjustable jet recirculation and exhaust to suit the job load. In short, the Lawson Frontier is designed for the professional screener who demands high production, convenient operator use and little or no maintenance.
The Lawson Frontier Jet Dryer incorporates many other exclusive and unique features besides the Uni-Flo and Uni-Vac designs. For example, the Frontier uses an open-mesh, Teflon-coated fiberglass memory belt in conjunction with machine crowned pulleys and a four-point tracking system for consistent belt alignment. The belt speed is infinitely variable from 0-40 F.P.M. by a rugged, direct-drive D.C. motor and solid-state, digital controller.
Belt supports increase belt life, eliminate belt sag and stabilize substrate movement. Both the jet heat and jet cool sections are fully insulated with fiberglass high-temperature insulation and protected by a durable metal cover. Air filters conveniently slide out for easy cleaning. Ample entrance and exit stock clearance is provided. Temperature control is consistently maintained by a solid-state digital controller. Gas fired dryers are adjustable up to 450-F, electric units are adjustable up to 225-F. Further, the entire Frontier is protected from abuse by a special fail-safe interlock safety control system.